Beachcomber the House
If ever a name suited a house, it’s Beachcomber. Its enviable position on the edge of the Holywell Bay dunes is an ideal holiday base. From the balcony and the living room you look out over the dunes across to the wide expanse of golden sand, a fine surf beach, on Cornwall’s dramatic North Coast.
The beauty of Beachcombers location is that situated as it is on the edge of the dunes, there is no road to cross to get to the dunes and to access the beach. For those that choose a winter break, Beachcomber has underfloor heating and so is warm and comfortable throughout the year. Can’t stay away from Facebook and Instagram? You’ll find unlimited broadband internet so the whole family can stay connected. And, of course, for those football obsessed sports fans, we also include BT TV with BT Sport.
The village of Holywell has 2 good pubs, a small seasonal beach shop providing all you need for that quintessential British beach holiday along with surf boards and wetsuit hire on the beach. Holywell also has its own fun-park with go karting, small rides, crazy golf and an 18 hole golf course with its own bar and restaurant with stunning views.
For information on attractions further afield, please check out our nearby page.
Standard Items include:
- Twin Oven Range Cooker
- DVD player
- Fridge / Freezer
- Music system
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Washing machine – unless otherwise stated above
Included in the cost of your holiday are:
- Bedding / bed linen
- Towels – unless otherwise stated above
- High Chair
- Heating in all properties between October and April inclusive. Provisions are made for properties to be heated adequately outside this period.
- BT Infinity WiFi
- BT TV with BT Sport
At a glance...
- Sleeps up to 9
- Parking for 2/3 cars
- Minutes from Beach
- Well Appointed Kitchen Facilities
- Unique Upside-down Design
- Beautiful Location
• Bedroom 1: Double – en-suite bathroom with bath, shower cubicle and toilet
• Bedroom 2: Double
• Bedroom 3: Double with additional single bed
• Bedroom 4: Small twin bedroom (please note: no sea view from this room) Ideal for children
• Family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle and toilet
• Open plan living/dining area with high aspect ceiling, access to balcony, four double sofas, TV with freeview, Blu-Ray DVD player and large dining table seating eight
• Free Wifi: Unlimited BT Infinity broadband and BT TV including BT Sport
• Kitchen: Impressive high quality oak style with breakfast bar, kitchen island, large American style fridge/freezer, twin oven range cooker, microwave and dishwasher
• Utility room: washing machine and drying area
• Lawned garden and patio area with outdoor seating and barbecue
• Parking for two/three cars
• Linen and towels provided
Nestled behind the dunes of Holywell Bay, Beachcomber is perfect for those who dream of waking up each day to the sounds of the sea. With an enviable setting on the fringes of the beach, relax in style at this attractive family home.
15 minutes’ drive South of Newquay and Fistral Beach, Holywell Bay is truly a holiday haven. The village boasts two excellent pubs; The Treguth Inn, serving traditional local fare and St Pirans Inn with its hearty menu. There is also a friendly and knowledgeable surf school offering wet-suit hire, a quintessential local grocers and one of the most beautiful beaches in the area.
Holywell Bay’s mile-long beach is popular with surfers and body boarders alike due to its famous Atlantic current, and the waters are monitored by lifeguards for the entire summer season. At low tide, children can safely paddle in the many rock pools or shallow streams. The bay was named after the spiritual ‘Holy Well’ found in one of the many caves on the shoreline. Beachcomber itself is just a 2 minute leisurely stroll to the sand dunes that safeguard the coast.
Holywell Bay also has its own fun-park with go karting, small rides, crazy golf, pitch ‘n’ putt, ice cream parlour and an 18 hole golf course with its own bar and restaurant with stunning views. For avid walkers, the Holywell to Crantock trail is an idyllic introduction to the exceptional sights of the South West Coast.
Beachcomber is a contemporary 4 bed home that sleeps 9 people comfortably and offers upside down living to make the most of the truly wonderful sea views.
Upstairs, the open plan living area is the perfect space for entertaining as well as for cosying up together in the evening. The large adjoining balcony is ideal for dining alfresco and soaking up the sublime beach views on a warm evening.
Downstairs there’s a family bathroom and three large bedrooms with beach views, one with an en-suite bathroom, as well as a smaller fourth bedroom, ideal for children.
Beachcomber comes with a whole host of mod-cons, designed to make your holiday that extra bit special, including free Wi-Fi, underfloor heating, Blu-Ray DVD player and a dishwasher. Outside there’s parking for two cars and a lovely lawned garden and patio complete with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
Bath/Shower: 1 family bathroom and 1 en-suite
Pets allowed: Please enquire
WHAT OUR SATISFIED GUESTS SAY
"Beautiful house, great location”
Great location overlooking the sand dunes at Holywell Bay in a very safe, quiet area, midway between Perranporth and Newquay. The house was clean and spacious and very well equipped. All beds were comfortable. The balcony was great for enjoying the evening sunshine. My only complaint is that I booked a week and I wished I'd booked a fortnight!!
Reviewed 15 Sep 2014